- Prep time
- 30 minutes
- Serves 12
- A luxurious mini version of an old fashioned favourite, brought to life with a humble addition of Cottage Delight Sweet Apple Chutney.
- 320g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 180g frozen mixed vegetables
- 1tbsp butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- 300g lean minced pork/or beef
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 3tbsp Sweet Apple Chutney
- 200ml beef stock
- ¼tsp salt
- ¼tsp pepper
- Approximately 4 medium potatoes cooked and mashed
Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Unroll the pastry, cut out 6, 10cm rounds from the sheet. Firmly press each round into the bottom of a greased muffin tin.
Bake for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
Heat 1tsp oil and add onions, lightly soften and add beef/pork mince, salt and pepper, cook until mince is brown and has broken apart. Mix 1tbsp plain flour into mince, add beef stock and bring to boil. Add frozen vegetables and cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in Sweet Apple Chutney.
Fill each pastry cup half full with the beef mixture.
Top each pie with 2tbsp of mashed potato. Put into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and mashed potatoes are lightly browned.