- Prep time
- 8 hours
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- Serves 10
- 200 grams all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 125 grams sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 125 grams unsalted butter, diced and softened (leave it out for about 2 hours at room temperature)
- Variety of Cottage Delight jams
- Variety of Cottage Delight curds
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Egg shaped cutter
Combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add the egg and mix well.
Add the butter in small pieces, mixing it in before adding another piece. The dough will be rather soft; it will get firm after chilling.
Refrigerate dough for 8 hours.
Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
On a well-floured work surface and using a floured rolling pin, spread the dough to a thickness of 2 to 3 mm. Keep everything well-floured to prevent sticking.
Cut dough into Egg shapes.
Cut out a circle in the middle of half of the “eggs”.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to rest 1 to 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
When the cookies are completely cool, spread the full shapes with a thin layer of jam, and top with one that has a hole in it.