- Prep time
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time
- 55 minutes
- Serves 6
- Deliciously Cheesy Leek & Potato Pasties. Buttery, flaky pastry filled with tasty Traditional Farmhouse Pickle.
- 300g small potatoes, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 small leeks, tough outer leaves removed, split in half lengthways and finely sliced
- 3 thyme sprigs, chopped
- 1tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3tbsp Traditional Farmhouse Pickle
- 2tbsp cream
- 500g block shortcrust pastry
- 140g strong cheddar, cut into small chunks
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- Flour, for dusting
- Knob of butter
Boil the chopped potatoes in salted water for roughly 5 minutes until soft. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the chopped leeks and thyme, soften for 10-12 mins. Drain potatoes and add to the leeks with the Dijon Mustard and stir in the cream. Allow 10 minutes to cool.
Heat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, about 4mm thick. Cut out 6 x 15cm circles using a plate or bowl as a template if needed. Mix the cheese and the Traditional Farmhouse Pickle with the leek mixture. Add a generous helping of the mixture onto the centre of each pastry circle. Brush around edges with a little egg, then fold the edges together and crimp with your fingers to seal.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the pasties on the tray. Brush with the remaining egg and bake for 40-45 mins until golden brown. Serve warm or leave to cool.