- A simple yet elegant dessert made with tasty blackberry jam – perfect for sharer puddings or romantic treats for your loved ones.
- 260g puff pastry (we used shop-bought)
- 120g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting 200g
- Fruity Blackberry Whole Fruit Jam
- 120g blackberries for decoration
- 170ml whipping cream
- 25g icing sugar
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Roll out the puff pastry onto a work surface dusted with icing sugar into a rectangle just larger than 20 x 32cm, as thin as you can get it. Trim the edges straight.
Cut out 18 rectangles about 10cm long and 4cm wide and place them on the prepared baking tray. Sprinkle them with icing sugar and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Remove from the refrigerator and bake in the oven for five minutes. Sprinkle the pastry with more icing sugar, return back into the oven and bake for a further five minutes, until the pastry turns golden-brown. Set aside and leave to cool.
For the sweetened cream. Add all of the cream ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whip together until stiff peaks form.
Scoop the mixture into a piping bag.
Pipe lines of cream over 8 of the pastry rectangles and spread the other 8 with Fruity Blackberry Whole Fruit Jam.
Sandwich the two halves together and sprinkle the top layer with more icing sugar. You may wish to decorate with fresh blackberries.