- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time
- 40 minutes
- Serves 6
- This marmalade pudding is ideal for family dinners, beautifully moist with a tangy flavour.
- 250g soft unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 75g caster sugar
- 75 light brown muscovado sugar
- 150g Orange & Stem Ginger Thick Cut Marmalade, plus 75g for the glaze
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- Zest and juice 1 orange (reserve juice 1/2 orange for the glaze)
- 1 x 24cm square ovenproof dish
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4, and butter the oven proof dish.
Cream the butter and both sugars using an electric whisk.
Then beat in the marmalade followed by the dry ingredients.
Whisk in the eggs and finally the orange zest and juice.
Put in the oven and cook for about 40 minutes, checking after 30 minutes to ensure the pudding does not catch on the edges
Remove from the oven and leave in the dish
Warm 75g of Orange Stem Ginger Thick Cut Marmalade and the juice of 1/2 an orange in a saucepan, then generously cover the top of the sponge with the glaze.
Serve warm with thick cream or vanilla custard.