- Bring the humble sardine to life this summer.
- 8 sardines, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ½ tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- ½ tbsp finely chopped pitted green olives
- ½ tbsp chopped capers
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing and serving
Combine the grated lemon zest with finely chopped rosemary, parsley, garlic, green olives and capers. Season and set to one side.
Pierce each sardine from head to tail with a skewer and lay on a lightly oiled baking tray. Brush with Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce, olive oil, and season
Grill for 5 minutes on each side. Serve with the herb mixture, a drizzle of oil and lemon wedges.