- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time
- 60 minutes
- Serves 6
- Try adding some crumbled walnuts on top of this beetroot tart to give it even more texture. This is perfect for a quick lunch.
- 450g beetroot, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 320g ready-made puff pastry
- 200g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 9 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 60g rocket, washed
- 2 tbsp Real Ale Yorkshire Chutney
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
Thinly slice the beetroot and place the slices in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with oil and season. Bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked.
Roll out the pastry and place on a baking sheet. Score a small border around the edges of each piece with a knife and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
If raised, gently press the pastry down. Spread a layer of Real Ale Yorkshire Chutney within the border and arrange the beetroot slices on top before sprinkling with cheese. Place the tart into the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Remove and sprinkle the walnuts on top. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
Remove from the oven, cut into 6 pieces and serve with rocket.