- Prep time
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking time
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 4
- We have the Shrove Tuesday recipe you've all been looking for, we've teamed up with Whitworths to bring you the ultimate Pancake Day recipe!
- 125g Plain Flour, sifted
- 75g Ground Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Whitworths Caster Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2 Large Eggs , beaten
- 25g Unsalted Butter, melted(plus a little extra for cooking)
- ½ Tsp Almond Extract
- 150ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- Cottage Delight Morello Cherry Jam, for topping
- Whitworths Flaked Almonds, for topping
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sifted flour, ground almonds, Whitworths Caster Sugar, baking powder and salt.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the beaten eggs, melted butter, almond extract and milk.
Starting in the centre, whisk together and gradually bring in the dry ingredients from the edge until all ingredients are combined.
Heat your frying pan on a medium setting and add as mall amount of butter to grease the pan.
Add a large spoonful (approx. 2 tbsp) of batter to the pan to form a pancake.
Cook the pancake for approx.2 mins. Small bubbles will start to show on top and the sides will look set.
Flip the pancake and cook for a further 2 mins.
Repeat with the remaining batter until it has all been used. We made about 8 pancakes out of this.
Stack your pancakes to serve and top with as much Cottage Delight Morello Cherry Jam and Whitworths Flaked Almonds as you like.