- A stunning pie packed with flavour. Makes a delicious main course for vegetarians.
- 700g sliced potatoes
- 400g sliced sweet potatoes
- 1 diced white onion
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2tsp each ground cumin
- 1tsp coriander and garam masala
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 200g frozen peas
- Juice 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- 5tbsp Spicy Mango & Ginger Chutney
- Small bunch chopped coriander
- 30g melted butter
- 275g pack filo pastry
Put the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer for 5 minutes, add the sweet potatoes and continue to cook for 8 minutes until just tender. Drain.
Fry the onion in the oil until soft, add the cumin, then stir in the garlic and chilli with the remaining spices. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat and stir into the potatoes with the peas, lemon juice, Spicy Mango & Ginger Chutney, and fresh coriander.
Heat oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. Halve the filo sheets, and use two-thirds of them, overlapping, to line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin with a little overhang. Lay each sheet, brush with melted butter. Spoon in filling and press down lightly.
Cover with remaining filo, then fold up overhanging sides and scrunch up pastry near the edges.
Brush with more butter. Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Serve either hot or at room temperature with lemon wedges.