- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- Try this simple recipe, perfect for a lunchtime treat or even a dinner party starter.
- 4 heaped tbsp 340g Jar of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
- 1 large sheet of ready made puff pastry
- 1 medium egg yolk, beaten with a splash of milk
- 175g goats cheese
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked, plus extra to garnish.
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 220C/425 F/Gas 7. Cut out 4 rounds of pastry using a 12cm pastry cutter, small bowl or plate and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
Score a 2cm border around the inside edge of each round, being careful not to cut all the way through, then prick all over the centre circle only with a fork.
Carefully brush the egg and milk mixture just around the border then spread the centre of each round evenly with the Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
Top each one with the goat’s cheese, scatter with the thyme leaves and a season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden, risen and cooked through. NB. Check the bases aren’t soggy or soft by lifting slightly with a palette knife.
If necessary, return to the oven for further cooking on a lower heat (180C/350F/Gas 4) until the bases are crisp.