- Prep time
- 35 minutes
- Serves 2
- 130g Dark chocolate (Min 70% cocoa) (For the Mousse)
- 1Tsp Caster Sugar (For the Mousse)
- 240ml Chilled Double Cream (For the Mousse)
- 2Tbsp unsalted butter (For the Mousse)
- 3 Egg Whites (For the Mousse)
- 2Tbsp Brewed Black Coffee (For the Mousse)
- 200g Caster Sugar (For the Honeycomb)
- 5Tbsp Golden Syrup (For the (For the Honeycomb)
- 2Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda (For the Honeycomb)
- 100g Dark Chocolate (For the Chocolate Shard)
- 6 heaped Tsp Magical Mulled Wine Jam (For the Decoration)
- 50g Chocolate drops to garnish (For the Decoration)
- Edible Gold Dust (For the Decoration)
- Fresh Cherries to garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, star anise to garnish
- 100g Whipped cream (For the Decoration)
For the chocolate shards; melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stirring frequently. Pour onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and shake until level. Leave in the fridge to set.
For the mousse; melt the chocolate, butter and coffee in a bowl over simmering water, stirring frequently. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until foamy and beginning to hold their shape, then add the sugar and whisk until stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks.
Then add a third of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mix and a third of the whipped cream and gently fold until the mixture is smooth. Then slowly add the remaining egg mix and whipped cream and gently fold until you get a uniform and silky texture.
Spoon the chocolate mousse into your glasses, layering with Mulled Wine Jam. Place in the fridge to chill.
For the honeycomb; stir caster sugar and golden syrup in a pan over a gentle heat until the sugar has melted. Do not allow to simmer until dissolved.
Once completely melted, turn the heat up to allow to simmer until you have a golden colour caramel. The quickly take off the heat, add Bicarbonate of Soda and stir until it has all disappeared and the mixture is foaming. Scrape onto parchment paper and leave to set.
Finally, break up your chilled chocolate into shards and spray with gold dust. Then crumble your honeycomb.
For assembly, take your mousse out of the fridge and spray with gold dust. Then decorate with chocolate drops, honeycomb, gold chocolate shard, whipped cream, fresh cherries and garnish with a cinnamon stick and star anise if desired.