Terms & Conditions
Win the Christmas Village
To be in with a chance of winning over £100 worth of Christmas goodies from Cottage Delight, including these 4 fantastic new gift packs. Simply answer the following question:
In which year was Cottage Delight founded:
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be UK residents over 18, not employees (or members of their families) of Cottage Delight Ltd.
- The entries are applicable between 12pm Friday 1st September 2017 and the closing date 12pm Monday 11th December 2017.
- By giving Cottage Delight your details you are agreeing that you are willing to enter into future correspondence with Cottage Delight. Cottage Delight will not pass your details to any other company or third party. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from Cottage Delight at any time. Cottage Delight is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass your details to any third party without your prior consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- The prize draw will take place on Wednesday 13th December 2017 and the winner will be informed by e mail to the address on the entry email by Friday 15th December 2017.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The prize is non-transferrable. No cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated.
- Winner of the prize draw will be selected at random.
- The first name of the winner will be made available for up to 28 days after the closing date to anyone sending their e-mail address to [email protected] in a message with the subject heading ‘Christmas Village Competition Winner’.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be included in the draw. Incomplete entries and entries from third party agents of bulk entries will not be eligible for the prize draw and will be cancelled. The promoter will not be responsible for any entries that are not received by it for any reason, by the closing date, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
All our products are made in small batches, and due to the seasonality of many of our ingredients there may be times when we are unable to produce certain lines until the year’s harvest is ready, and so at busy times such as Christmas and New Year, we may be low on stock. We will do our very best to fulfil all requests according to product availability. If we can’t supply specific items, we promise to let you know as soon as we can to arrange an alternative or a refund.
In the event of a product being temporarily unavailable, we will forward your main order, followed by the rest of your order as soon as possible. There will be no extra charge for this service.
From time to time we may need to substitute hamper and gift box items of equal or greater value.
Our alcoholic beers, and gift packs containing these beers, may only be ordered by customers aged 18 years and over. By placing an order for an alcoholic product, you confirm that you are aged 18 or over.
Gift Personalisation (Message)
We are pleased to enclose a gift card with your personal message (10 words maximum) for no extra charge, however we do reserve the right to reject any message that we consider may offend the recipient for being defamatory, racist, offensive, obscene or in breach of any other legal rights.
We want to provide you with the best level of service possible so we use a fully traceable courier company. 95% of orders are delivered within 3-5 working days of receipt of your order for standard delivery, subject to stock availability and external forces beyond our control. We cannot make deliveries on weekends.
Please note that deliveries will be made to the address as you have entered it and we will not accept liability for any failed or late deliveries due to inaccurate address details. Always provide a contact telephone number so that our courier can get further directions if necessary.
Our products require a signature upon receipt, so please ensure that someone will be able to accept the delivery. However, if there is no-one to sign then the courier will leave a card and attempt delivery at another time. It then becomes the recipient’s responsibility to contact the courier to arrange a suitable delivery date. Alternatively, we can deliver to a work address if this is more convenient for you. Just advise the courier or call Customer Service on 01538 382020 and ask for Linda.
We can deliver to all addresses within the UK mainland only excluding Northern Ireland.
We endeavour to ensure that your order is well packaged, however in the unlikely event that your package is damaged, please contact us immediately quoting your order number by email to [email protected] or telephone 01538 382020 and ask for Linda in Customer Service.
Prices and Payment
Our prices are all in sterling, include VAT where applicable and are exclusive of postage and packing unless stated otherwise. Every care has been taken to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, but if an error occurs we will supply your goods at the lower price. Payments can be made using Maestro, Switch, Delta, Solo, Visa or MasterCard.
You may cancel your order within 7 working days of delivery under the Distance Selling Directive. You must confirm this in writing to us at:-
Cottage Delight Ltd
Please return the item within 2 working weeks of receipt and in its original packaging in order to receive a refund. Please note proof of postage cannot be taken as proof of receipt.
You may also cancel your order if you change your mind before it is dispatched, although this may cause delays, by calling us on 01538 382020 and ask for Linda in Customer Service quoting your order number.
By placing an order with us you are agreeing to accept these terms and conditions. Please do not use or access this website If you do not agree with our terms and conditions.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
We reserve the right to amend or remove any section of the terms and conditions without prior notice. We encourage you review these terms and conditions each time you place an order.