Soft meringue layers packed with juicy fruit, jam and whipped cream. Lightly drizzled with Sea Salted Caramel Sauce.
Meringue discs ingredients
• 8 large free range egg whites
• 500g caster sugar
• 1200ml double cream
• 500g blueberries
• 300g raspberries
• 300g blackberries
• 4 fresh figs
• 340g Original Strawberry Whole Fruit Jam
• 2-3tbsp Sea Salted Caramel Sauce
1. For the meringue discs, preheat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/Gas 2 and line a baking tray with non-stick greaseproof paper.
2. Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and whisk until they form firm peaks when the
whisk is removed.
3. Add the caster sugar, a spoonful at a time, constantly whisking. When the sugar is absorbed, the meringue should look glossy and stiff.
4. Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture onto three non-stick baking trays to make six discs of reduced diameter. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Lower the oven temperature to 110°C/fan 90°C/Gas ¼ and cook for a further 1-1½ hours until crisp on the outside and gooey in the middle. Leave to cool.
6. To serve, whip the cream and spoon a generous layer over the whole of the largest disc. Cover with blueberries, raspberries and blackberries and spoon over Original Strawberry Whole Fruit Jam.7. Repeat with each layer until complete. Finish by adding the sliced figs as well as the remaining fruit to the top and around the base of the tower. Finally drizzle the Sea Salted Caramel Sauce over the whole of the tower and serve.
View More Recipes
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 1 hours 45 minutes