1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Lightly grease a 20cm cake tin with butter.
2. Over a medium heat melt the butter in a large saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and allow to stand for 1-2 minutes. Stir until melted and smooth. In a separate bowl, mix together the Orange & Scotch Whisky Thick Cut Marmalade and sugar, then stir into the chocolate mixture.
3. Beat the egg yolks, cocoa powder and vanilla into the chocolate mixture.
4. Place the egg whites and salt into a clean bowl, whisk until they form soft peaks.
5. Beat a third of the whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen it a little, then carefully fold in the rest.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the top and bake for 30 minutes, or until the centre is set.
7. Leaving the cake in the tin, place onto a cooling rack and leave for 30 minutes. Carefully remove it from the tin, dust with icing sugar and sprinkle with orange zest.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
View More Recipes