For the Biscuits
180g salted butter, cold
250g plain flour
100g icing sugar, plus extra
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 large free range egg yolk
For the filling
70g salted butter, at room temperature
250g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
150g Tangy Orange Curd
1. Heat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 5. Combine the butter and flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and lemon zest and combine again. Add the lemon juice and egg yolk and blend until you can form a ball of dough. Tip the mixture onto a dusted work surface and knead briefly, bring it together into a smooth ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove from the fridge and cut into 2 equal pieces. Lightly dust with icing sugar your work surface and rolling pin. Roll half out to the thickness of a 50p piece. Use a 6cm cutter to stamp out discs and transfer to a baking sheet. Roll out the remaining dough to the same thickness. Cut out more discs and transfer to a second baking sheet. Use a small 1cm round
cutter to stamp out the middle of the biscuits.
3. Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, leave
to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. To make the filling, place the butter, icing sugar and 100g of
the Tangy Orange Curd into a bowl. Mix
together, then blend with an electric hand whisk. Transfer to
a piping bag and snip off the end, making a 1cm opening.
5. Pipe around the inside edge of the biscuit with the butter
cream, with fill the centres with the remaining curd. Place
the ring-shaped lids on top and dust with icing sugar, or for
something a little different, dust with sherbet.
Prep time: 45 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes plus cooling
View More Recipes