1. Preheat oven to 200°C, in a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and Original Strawberry Whole Fruit Jam until smooth, place into to refrigerator until required.
2. Pre-line two baking trays with baking paper, on a lightly floured surface unroll the pastry and cut into heart shapes using a 7cm heart-shaped cutter, transfer the hearts to the baking trays, spacing each one around 4cm apart.
3. Using a sharp knife, lightly score a heart, without cutting through the dough, inside each heart, approximately 1cm away from the edge.
4. Add 1 tsp of the cream cheese mixture to the centre of each heart then spread outward leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
5. Brush the edges with whisked egg. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and add the diced strawberries over cream cheese layer, again without covering the edges. Place back into the oven for a further 5-8 minutes, until edges are golden brown and the pastry is cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack, then dust with icing sugar.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
View More Recipes