Sea Salted Caramel Chocolate Torte
A winner with all the family. The perfect dessert for any special occasion.
- For the crust:
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- For the topping
- 240g Sea Salted Caramel Sauce
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 extra egg yolks
- 250g dark chocolate
- 150g butter
- Icing sugar to decorate
- Cream or ice-cream to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4 and lightly grease a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs and mix together with the melted butter.
- Press the mixture evenly into the tin and up the sides. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes (10 minutes in the freezer) then bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the base feels dry. Set aside to cool.
- For the topping, whisk the sugar, eggs and egg yolks for 4 minutes until thick and pale. Gently melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Leave to cool for a minute then add the sugar and egg mixture, whisking until smooth and glossy.
- Spread the Sea Salted Caramel Sauce evenly over the base then top with the chocolate mixture. Bake for around 20 minutes or until almost set but still a little wobbly.
- Allow to cool in the tin, dust with icing sugar and serve with lashings of cream or ice-cream.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 1hr, 5 minutes
View More Recipes