- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time
- 20-25 minutes
- Serves 12
- Mrs Cope's Lemon Curd Cupcakes are a zesty tasty treat for all the family! Perfect for summer afternoon tea.
- 350g Self Raising Flour
- 140g Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Lemons zested and juiced
- 2 Eggs, beaten with 150ml soured cream and 150g Our Classic Lemon Curd
- 100g Butter
- 150ml Double Cream
- 3 tbsp Our Classic Lemon Curd
- Lemon zest for decoration
Heat the oven to 180C/ fan 200C/ Gas 6. Blend the flour, sugar, lemon juice and zest, egg mixture and butter together.
Divide between 12 muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
For the topping, mix the Our Classic Lemon Curd and cream together and whip until thick and creamy.
Top the cakes with lashings of lemon cream and decorate with a little lemon zest – enjoy.