- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time
- 3 hours
- 1kg lamb shoulder (room temperature)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp Cottage Delight pure clear honey
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme (chopped)
- Juice from half small lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 whole garlic bulb (sliced in half)
- Half whole lemon (sliced into rounds)
- 250ml water
- To serve: Cottage Delight Mint Sauce
Pre-heat oven to gas mark 7 (220C). Prepare the rub for the lamb by combining all ingredients, excluding the garlic bulb, sliced lemon half & water. Pour mixture over the lamb & massage in. Place slices of lemon on the base of an oven tray & pop the lamb on top. Add halved garlic bulb. Place into the oven, mid-shelf, for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes remove lamb from oven & turn down to gas mark 4 (180C). Pour the water over the lamb & cover completely with foil. Place back into the oven to cook low & slow for a further 2.5 hours (roughly 40mins per 500g + 40mins).
Once the lamb has been in the oven for 1.5 hours turn oven up to gas mark 5 (190C).
Remove lamb from oven & rest for 15 minutes (minimum) under foil. Optional: use the cooking juices to make a gravy at this point.
Serve with Cottage Delight Mint Sauce.