Lamb en Croûte with a Port and Redcurrant Jelly
- 2 lamb neck fillets
- 1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 sprig of chopped rosemary
- 1 227g jar of Juicy Redcurrant Jelly
- 200ml of port
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 beaten egg for glazing
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C/gas mark 8.
- Heat a little butter and oil in a frying pan, add the fillets and colour on all sides.
- Leave to cool.
- Unroll the pastry and cut in half, place the lamb neck fillets in the centre of each, season and add the chopped rosemary.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg, seal and score.
- Heat the Juicy Redcurrant Jelly together with orange zest, juice and port, bring to boil and simmer until you reach a syrupy consistency.
- Place Lamb en Croutes in the oven for 20 minutes, take out and leave to rest in a warm place.
To serve slice the Lamb en Croutes and divide between four plates, serve with warmed sauce and fresh watercress.
View More Recipes