Luxurious layers of chocolate sponge and sea salted caramel buttercream, decorated with chocolate hazelnut meringues and topped with delicate peach slices laced with brandy. Finished with a sprinkling of pistachios and a drizzle of sea salted caramel and brandy syrup sauce.
280g self-raising flour, sifted
60g cocoa powder
280g caster sugar
500g icing sugar
250g soft butter
2tbsp Sea Salted Caramel Sauce
1 jar of Peaches in Light Syrup & Brandy
2 packs of Hazelnut Enrobed Meringues
Pistachios for decoration
1tbsp Sea Salted Caramel Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3 and grease and line two deep 6 inch cake tins.
2. Using an electric mixer, place the sifted flour, butter, cocoa powder, sugar and eggs into the mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Divide mixture between the tins and bake in the oven until a skewer inserted into the centre of your cakes comes out clean. Baking time will vary, but check after 40 minutes. Once cooked, leave to cool.
4. To make the filling place the icing sugar, soft butter, milk and Sea Salted Caramel Sauce into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Constructing the cake
1. Cut and level the top of each cake before slicing in two so you end up with 4 slices of cake. Using half of the buttercream mixture, layer the sponge and buttercream then place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Remove cake from the fridge and begin to frost the outside of the cake with the remainder of the buttercream mixture. You are now ready to decorate your cake!
3. Place the meringues around the outside of the cake, pushing gently into the buttercream so that they stay in place.
4. Using 5 peach halves, slice each one into four and arrange in a circle on top of the cake.
5. Take another peach half and place in the centre of the cake and sprinkle with pistachios. Finally, mix the
Sea Salted Caramel Sauce and 2tbsp of the brandy syrup together before pouring over the top of the cake.
View More Recipes
Servings: 12 pieces Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes Decorating time: 30 minutes