- Prep time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- Serves 4
- Give burgers a street-food makeover with a fruity hit!
- 4 boneless Chicken fillets
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp each garlic and ginger
- 2 tbsp celery
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Oil to cook
- 4 tbsp Cottage Delight Mango & Habanero Jam
- 4 sesame brioche buns
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (for marinade)
- 1 tbsp plain flour (for marinade)
- 1 tbsp cornflour (for marinade)
- 1 egg white (for marinade)
- Salt (for marinade)
Marinate the chicken fillets with the ingredients listed under marinade. Keep aside for 15 minutes. Fry the marinated chicken over a medium-high heat, turning each side, for approximately 5-10 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan. Heat oil on pan, add onion, ginger, garlic and celery. Fry until the onion is soft.
Mix together chilli powder and vinegar. Add this to the onion mix. Fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, honey and salt. Add the fried chicken and coat the sauces all over the chicken.
Serve chicken with burger buns and top with Mango & Habanero Jam.