1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas 4.
2. Peel core and thinly slice pears. Mix with the sugar in a bowl and set.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry and trim to a 12 x 10 inch rectangle. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Create a crust by gently folding in about 1/2 inch of pastry on each of the edges. Brush the edges with the beaten egg.
4. Using the back of a spoon, spread the Stem Ginger Jam over the pastry ensuring even coverage.
5. Arrange the pear slices on top, overlapping slightly.
6. Bake, uncovered for up to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and pears are tender. Serve warm.
Makes 9 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
View More Recipes