Luxuriously creamy curd mousse with flavours of zesty lemon and delicate elderflower.
6 digestive biscuits, crushed
2tbsp granulated sugar
3tbsp salted butter, melted
350g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
1½ tbsp water
1½ tsp gelatin powder
355ml double cream
110g icing sugar, divided
Sparkling Elderflower Curd
A few blueberries
Mint leaves, for garnish
1. In a mixing bowl whisk together the digestive crumbs and sugar. Add the melted butter and stir until evenly mixed. Divide among 8–10 small jars or dessert cups and lightly press into an even layer, set aside.
2. Pour lemon juice and water into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over the top, leave to settle for 5 minutes.
3. Whip the double cream in a medium mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add in a third of the icing sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
4. In a large mixing bowl whip the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add the Sparkling Elderflower Curd and the remaining icing sugar into cream cheese and mix.
5. Heat the rested gelatin mixture in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Whisk for 1 minute to dissolve the gelatin, allow to cool for no longer than three minutes.
6. Mix the cream cheese mixture with hand mixer, slowly add in the gelatin mixture and blend until thoroughly combined. Gently fold a third of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture, before adding the remaining whipped cream. Fold gently until combined. Spoon the mixture into your small jars or dessert cups over the top of the digestive crust layer.
7. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to set. Garnish with a slice of lemon, blueberries and mint leaves.
View More Recipes
Prep time: 30 minutes Chilling time: 2 hour