1. Place the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, butter and milk into a large mixing bowl. Mix together to make a soft dough, add a dash more milk if the dough feels to dry.
2. On a floured surface knead for 10 minutes to make a smooth dough. Place into a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 170°C/ gas mark 5 and line a large baking sheet. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, divide into 12 balls and space well apart on the baking sheet. Cover loosely with cling film and leave at room temperature for 20 minutes.
4. Bake the buns for 10 - 15 minutes until risen and pale golden. Transfer onto a cooling rack.
5. Make a deep diagonal slit through the top of each bun. Ease open with a knife and fill with the cream and Original Strawberry Whole Fruit Jam. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
View More Recipes