- Prep time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 1 hour 25 mins
- Serves 8
- A delicious fruity Apricot & Smoked Paprika flavoured pie. Vegan and vegetarian friendly!
- 400g Vegan Shortcrust pastry
- 4tbsp Apricot & Smoked Paprika Sauce
- 400g thinly sliced potatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 40g all-purpose flour
- 475ml vegetable broth
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 500g frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 large russet potato, chopped into small chunks
Preheat oven to 200°C/220°C fan/ Gas 7.
Place the half the pastry within a 9-inch pie pan. Push it evenly into the pan, trim off any excess, and place in the fridge to cool whilst you prepare the filling.
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Add the onions and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes.
Whisk in the flour, vegetable broth and unsweetened almond milk. Then add the mixed vegetables, Apricot & Smoked Paprika Sauce, and russet potato. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Pour the filling into the pie crust lined pan. Roll out the other pie crust on a lightly floured surface, and carefully cover the pie with it. Trim any overhang, and seal the edges with a fork or your fingers. Cut a few slits in the middle of the top crust. Top with sliced potatoes.
Bake for 45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Cut, serve and enjoy!