1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Lay one skin side down onto a piece of lightly oiled baking paper on a baking tray.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until it starts to soften. Sprinkle over the rice and season with salt. Pour over 100ml of cold water. Bring to the boil, cover and turn to the lowest heat, cooking for 10 minutes.
3. Tip the rice mixture into a bowl and stir in the egg yolk and stuffing. Cut three thin slices from one orange and set aside. Squeeze the remaining juice from the sliced orange. Finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the remaining orange. Mix the orange zest into the stuffing, season and spoon over the salmon fillet on the baking paper.
4. Place the remaining salmon fillet skin side down over the stuffing mixture. Place the three orange slices on the top and tie at intervals with string.
5. Combine the orange juice and Cranberry Sauce. Spoon over the salmon and cover with foil. Roast for 25 minutes, remove the foil and roast for a further 25 minutes.
Serves: 6-8 Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 5 minutes
View More Recipes