- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- A creamy pie topped with fluffy mashed potato. Perfect served with your favourite vegetables.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 100g lardons
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2tbsp creme fraiche
- 4tbsp Traditional Farmhouse Pickle
- 800g mashed potato
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 50g cheddar, grated, plus extra
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and lardons, cook until golden before adding the leeks, cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until softened. Scatter over the flour and stir to combine.
Add the stock and cook for 5 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through and the stock has reduced.
Stir the creme fraiche into the mixture and season. Pour the mixture into a large ovenproof dish and dollop over the Traditional Farmhouse Pickle.
Stir the parsley and cheese through the mashed potato and spoon evenly over the pie mixture, top with extra cheese if desired.
Place the pie under the grill until the topping is golden. Serve.