Deliciously moist muffins made using our Carrot Cake Jam, perfect for a special breakfast treat.
125g plain flour
75g wholemeal flour
200g rolled oats, plus extra for topping
75g brown sugar
3tsp baking powder
3tbsp Luxury Carrot Cake Jam
2 bananas, mashed
2 large free range eggs, separated
3tbsp sunflower oil
1. Heat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the plain flour, wholemeal flour, rolled oats,
brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir together to create
an even mix.
3. Create a well in the centre of the mix and add the mashed bananas, egg yolks, milk and sunflower oil. Gently mix together until a wet batter forms.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. Fold the egg whites gently into the batter along with the blueberries and Luxury Carrot Cake Jam until everything is mixed through evenly.
6. Line the muffin tin with 12 paper cases and divide the mixture evenly, sprinkling a generous helping of oats on top and place in the oven for
25 minutes until risen and golden brown on top.
7. Enjoy warm or store for up to 4 to 5 days in a sealed container.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes
View More Recipes