- Preheat the oven to 220?C/425? F/Gas 7. Cut out 4 rounds of pastry using a 12cm pastry cutter, small bowl or plate and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Score a 2cm border around the inside edge of each round, being careful not to cut all the way through, then prick all over the centre circle only with a fork.
- Carefully brush the egg and milk mixture just around the border then spread the centre of each round evenly with the Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
- Top each one with the goat’s cheese, scatter with the thyme leaves and a season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden, risen and cooked through. NB. Check the bases aren't soggy or soft by lifting slightly with a palette knife.
If necessary, return to the oven for further cooking on a lower heat (180C/350F/Gas 4) until the bases are crisp.
Serves four Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
View More Recipes