Strawberry Halloween Brain Cupcakes
Oozing Brain Cupcakes! These are a must this Halloween!
For the cakes:
- 140g softened butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
For the filling:
For the icing:
- 600g icing sugar, sifted
- 6 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. pink food colouring
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Arrange 6 paper cases in the cake tin.
- Add all the cake ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk for about 3 minutes until you get a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture between each cake case so each is half full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut out a small hole in the centre of each cake and fill with 1 tsp. of Original Strawberry Whole Fruit Jam.
- Mix the icing sugar, 1 tsp. of pink food colouring and water, until stiff. Place the icing mixture into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes with a squiggly pattern to look like brains.
- Leave to set.
These will keep for up to 2-3 days stored in a cool place, in an airtight container.
View More Recipes